Did you know that giving your dog treats isn’t just for when they're good, it can be for their health, too? While it's important to not over-indulge your pet and ensure they are in the best of shape, treats can be a very important part of their diet and routine.
Here are some ways treats can benefit your dog:
- Add extra nutrition & healthy supplements to your pet's diet
- Be used a part of training and as a positive reward for good behaviour
- Long-lasting chew treats can help relieve boredom and reduce destructive behaviour
- Dental treats and gnaws can promote healthy teeth and provide oral care
- Dogs love treats, and we love giving them! But remember: If you're feeding treats, reduce the amount of kibble you give your dog so they stick to their energy intake for the day.
At Best Friends, we have put our treats into these categories:
- Dental treats, to help improve teeth and gums s well as help reduce bad breath, tartar and plaque
- Reward treats have great flavour and palatability to give to your dog just because
- Training treats, suitable for use in training environments, and generally smaller in size and and easily breakable for smaller pieces
- Sweet treats, Instagram-worthy tasty and novel treats to add extra fun to treat time
- Loose treats, classic favourites like pigs ears, roo tails and other cuts