At Our Vet, we’re often asked what clients and their pets need to do before, during and after their vet appointment, so we have put together this handy “How to” guide for getting the most out of your pet’s vet visit. If you have any questions about the below, please don’t hesitate to ask the team by phone or through the Contact Us form on our website here.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- Take note of your pet’s eating, drinking and toileting habits for at least 3 days prior to your visit
- Know where you are at with vaccinations and flea and worming control (what products you’re using and when your pet was last treated)
- Come up with a list of questions you have for the vet and write them down! Think about your pet’s recent behaviour, is anything concerning you?
- Each time you visit our store, do a “dummy run” to the vet with your pet and give them a treat, this way you’ll already be building positive associations before you even get to the tricky parts!
ON THE DAY
- Try to arrive 15-20 minutes early, to give your new Best Friend a chance to acclimatise to the environment, have a good sniff and settle in with a few treats
- If your pet is jittery when visiting the clinic, it is important that you stay calm and pretty quickly your pet will begin to settle. Some pets do need more help, so please talk to us about this when booking your appointment.
- Relax and enjoy the conversation! Your vet wants the best for you and your Best Friend, this should be a positive and informative experience