You know it’s important to ensure your pets are protected from fleas, worms and other parasites all year round, but developing a Parasite Prevention plan for your pet can be confusing.
Age, weight, breed and lifestyle can all affect the product that are best suited to their needs, so Best Friends are here to make it easy. Simply speak to anyone on our team who have the knowledge to help develop a program specifically tailored to your pet.
You can even bring your dog into store so we can weigh them and ensure they receive exactly the right dosage and single doses are also available for selected products at OurVet and in our Grooming Salon.
Did you know?
- It is not always obvious if your pet has parasites
- It is important to regularly treat your pet whether its environment is inside or out
- Fleas can make your pet irritable, cause allergic skin conditions and can transmit diseases
- Worms that are in your pet’s system can deprive them of nutrients
- Regular treatment is essential for the health and happiness of your pet
- Flea and worming treatments vary according to the type and size of pet and preferred treatment type (e.g. chewable tablet, spray)
Tips for keeping your pet flea, worm and parasite free
- Regularly treat your pet for parasites
- Clean your pet’s sleeping area regularly
- Feed your pet quality, super premium, natural or prescription food
- Have your pet checked for parasites during their six monthly check-up at the vet
Speak to the Our Vet or Best Friends team to ensure you are choosing the appropriate flea, worming and parasite prevention treatment for your pet.