Love your pet? Love prizes?
Keep an eye out for great competitions at Best Friends! Your pet could win lots of great prizes, like vouchers, unique experiences and so much more!
Win a Hill's Science Diet Cat Pouch a day, for a year.
Terms & Conditions
Win a pouch a day for a year
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over, who are registered Best Friends “VIP Pet Care Club ” members that have either, (a) a VIP Pet Care Club membership card, or (b) a valid phone number or email address registered with their VIP Pet Care Club membership account.
3. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1 st cousin.
4. The promotion commences at AEST 09.00am on 26th October 2020 and closes at AEST 11.00pm on 22nd November 2020 (“ Promotional Period ”).
5. To enter and receive an automatic entry into the draw, entrants must, purchase any one (1) product from the Hill’s Science Diet pouch range (“Eligible Cat Food”) from any participating Best Friends store or Best Friends online store during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Transaction”). Qualifying Transactions are subject to the following:
In store purchase : At the time of making purchase, entrants must either (a) Present their Best Friends VIP Pet Care Club membership card to a staff member; (b) confirm their mobile number registered with their Best Friends VIP Pet Care Club membership to a staff member; or (c) confirm their email address registered with their Best Friends VIP Pet Care Club membership to a staff member.
Online purchase: Entrants must ensure they are signed into their “VIP Pet Care Club” membership account at the time of purchase. (Note: the delivery date for items purchased online must be within the Promotional Period).
6. Entrants must retain a clear copy of their original receipt as proof of a valid purchase during the Promotional Period. Failure to produce the proof of purchase f or all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
7. Multiple entries will be accepted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry is permitted per Qualifying Transaction, (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements. Incomplete orders will be deemed invalid.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant. There will be four (4) draws conducted for the purposes of this promotion, one (1) draw from entrants who are residents in NSW and SA, one (1) draw from entrants who are residents in ACT, one (1) draw from entrants who are residents in QLD, WA and NT and one (1) draw from entrants who are residents in VIC and TAS. The state of residence will be determined based on the address registered with Best Friends VIP Pet Care Club. The prize draws will take place at AEST 12.00pm (noon) on 30 November 2020 at Best Friends Support Services Pty Ltd Level 1, 2-6 Sloane Street, Maribyrnong, Victoria 3032. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries (for each draw) and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible
entrant is drawn
9. Best Friends shall notify winners by telephone and/or email using details listed on the Best Friends VIP Pet Care Club program database within two (2) business days of the prize draw. In
the event of any winners residing in ACT, their names will be published online at www.bestfriendspets.com.au commencing on 14th December, 2020.
10. The first four (4) valid entries drawn in the draw for Eligible Cat Food product purchases will each win a Science Diet pouch a day for 365 days valued at RRP $1,112.28.
11. Total RRP value is $4,449.12. The prize value is correct at the time of printing/issuing of these terms and conditions, and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
12. There is a separate prize pool for residents in (a) ACT, (b) NSW and SA, (c) QLD, WA and NT and (d) VIC and TAS and each prize pool is less than $3,000.
13. All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
14. Prizes are not transferable, cannot be exchanged and are not redeemable for cash.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications and takes no responsibility for any entries not correctly lodged. The Promoter and Best Friends assume no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of user error or technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion.
17. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
18. If any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from the various regulatory authorities.
19. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 14 December 2020 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Best Friends shall notify any winners by telephone and/or email using details listed on the Best Friends VIP program database within two (2) business days of the prize draw to provide details including how the prize will be arranged and delivered. In the event of any winners residing in ACT, their names will be published online at www.bestfriendspets.com.au commencing on 14th December,
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or Best Friends, including, but not limited to, technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter or Best Friends s reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Best Friends (including their respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Best Friends (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s or Best Friends control ; (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or Best Friends (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking or use of a prize.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter and Best Friends using their name, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, provided, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter and Best Friends
26. Entries remain the property of the Promoter, Best Friends and/or their VIP Pet Care Club program. Details from entries will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting this promotion (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the promotion) and for promotional purposes surrounding this promotion. By entering this promotion entrants consent to the use of their information as described and agree that the Promoter and/or Best Friends may use this information, or disclose it to other organisations that may use it, in any media for future promotional purposes without any further reference or payment to the entrant.
27. By entering this promotion, entrants consent for Bestfriends to disclose its name, address,
28. The Promoter is Hill’s Pet Nutrition Pty Ltd ABN 86 003 954 550, Level14, 363 George Street
Sydney 2000, Australia, telephone 02 92381600.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - ABBREVIATED
Conditions apply see www.bestfriendspets.com.au Open to AU res 18+. Must be a current Best Friends
VIP Pet Care Club program member. Starts: 9am AEST on 26/10/20. Ends: 11.59pm AEST on
22/11//20. Draw: 12pm (noon) AEST 30/11/20. One entry drawn separately for residences in (a)ACT,
(b) NSW and SA, (c) QLD, WA and NT and (d) VIC and TAS -Total of 4 prizes. Each prize contains
365 Hill’s Science Diet Pouches valued at RRP $1,112.28 Promoter: Hill’s Pet Nutrition Pty Ltd ABN 86
003 954 550, Level 14, 363 George Street Sydney 2000.
HIMA-AH -207B812C September 2020